The Tombras Group, the Advertising Age National Small Agency of the Year, seeks an Associate Media Director in its Knoxville headquarters to be responsible for executional quality and management of media plans and executional excellence, especially in digital. The AMD will lead a team of digital planners and buyers and work with traditional media planners and buyers to deliver excellence in media plans and buys while pushing the boundaries of technology and strategy to exceed client expectations and goals. The AMD oversees the daily work of assistants, planners and supervisors. The Associate Director is the monitor of all deliverables, responsible for ensuring work is to specification and that all buys are made on time and on budget, per plan, while also ensuring that all plans have written client approval. The AMD will identify department resource allocation as well as employee growth and development.
The Associate Media Director will be extremely knowledgeable in all digital channels from search to social and programmatic display, mobile, video and trading desk. The AMD will be able to address strategy and implementation across all media platforms, including traditional vehicles. An extensive background in programmatic buying with DSP partners and or self-service platforms is required.
- The primary focus of the AMD will be managing, supervising and ensuring executional quality and timeliness of the media plans and buys with an emphasis on digital.
- Communicate with clients on marketplace intelligence, and present media plans
- Along with the planners, provide guidance to Strategy, Analytics and Account Service to ensure alignment with and delivery against client KPI’s during the initial planning stage
- Attend and lead publisher meetings and conversations as needed in order to allow planners to dedicate as much time as possible to their primary planning responsibilities.
- Mentor and assist in the training of Planners and Assistants
- Be the primary interface with other departments concerting the allocation of planning and buying resources
- Working with the individual planners, ensure media plans are strategic, deliver on client objectives, and meet stated goals
- Assist in writing media sections of new business RFPs
- On occasion, act as lead planner on key clients and present plan recommendations to internal and external client teams
- In collaboration with the Media Director, guide planners to implement relevant and proven emerging partners and media opportunities into applicable clients and plans
- Vigorously review all work on a regular basis to ensure high quality standard with a zero mistake mentality
- Provide stewardship of effective negotiation skills among the buyers to deliver maximum value and efficiency
- Manage resource allocation to Planners and Associates to support timely plan development and execution
- Oversee team training and mentoring and lead the implementation and development of all new and existing processes
- Manage the team’s workload and help prioritize with account service to meet deliverables
- Maintain regular campaign oversight to ensure performance and delivery and to ensure that optimizations are on track to approved KPI’s
- Provide senior-level guidance and review on campaign reports, research, POV’s, and client presentations to ensure quality and client-readiness
- Ensure that all buyers initiate the optimization process with Analytics and Account Service daily or weekly as required, per the stated KPIs for each client/plan.
- Manage the delivery and development of campaign reports and provide senior-level insight and analysis
- Go beyond typical post-campaign assessments to illustrate superior value and KPI results delivered including the totality of content-driven partnerships, audience-focused approaches, schedule optimization & delivery
- Participate in new business brainstorms and idea creation
- Serve as a digital marketplace landscape expert internally and, secondarily, with clients as needed.
Required – 6-10 years of experience in digital media planning/buying and supervisory responsibilities as well as knowledge and experience in traditional media planning. Experience across the full spectrum of digital media and traditional channels is required.
An extensive background in programmatic buying with DSP partners and or self-service platforms is required. Working knowledge of DCM Ad Server, the trade desk, Facebook, adwords and Bing as well as third party Internet marketing research: MRI, Scarborough, comScore Media Metrix, Nielsen NetView, @Plan, NetRatings, and others. Current Google Certification.
The Tombras Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more. Send your resume to: email@example.com