The Tombras Group, a 200-person, digitally centric and fully integrated advertising agency, is looking for a frontend developer for our Knoxville office headquarters. The Tombras Group is the Ad Age National Small Agency of the Year. In this position, you’ll work closely with national award winning creative and digital teams to implement web-based solutions for national and global clients. The Tombras Group works with some of the world’s most valuable and exciting brands including McDonald’s, GE, Moon Pie, Regal Cinemas, Warsteiner Beer, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Michelin and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration among others.
You must be great at implementing visually rich websites using the latest web technologies and be capable of producing code and markup that will still render well in legacy browsers. You will engage with creative teams in concepting advertising/marketing website solutions, providing input in site mapping, wireframing and prototyping development, taking design concepts through front-end coding and collaborating with back-end developers to integrate frontend and backend components. You will be expected to participate in our quality assurance processes. We don’t just want a programmer, we also want a thinker.
You will be expected to estimate development time and then deliver on-time.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
- Interact with creative teams to understand scope of projects and offer creative solutions
- Engage with digital teams, technical directors and digital project managers to define project specifications
- Deliver quality websites and other digital projects that meet current coding standards and cross-browser compatibilities
- Four or more years experience working in a LAMP production environment
- Understanding of Progressive Enhancement to utilize HTML5/CSS3 when available
- Expert at converting PSD compositions into code
- Mobile web development experience
- Deep knowledge of cross-browser and platform consistencies/quirks
- Experience with layout and design applications such as Adobe CS
- Knowledge of PHP, MySQL and other scripting languages
- Experience with MVC and/or MVVM patterned frameworks
- Experience building data-driven web applications
- Experience with version control systems (git)
- Familiar with CMSs (ExpressionEngine, Joomla, WordPress, Drupal)
- Familiarity with preprocessors for CSS
- Comfortable using Terminal
- Experience implementing tracking services such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of social APIs such as Facebook and Twitter
The Tombras Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more. Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org