- C# .NET / PHP Web Developer / Knoxville, TN
- Back End Developer / Knoxville, TN
- UX - User Experience Designer / Knoxville, TN
- Digital Project Manager / Knoxville, TN
- Senior Digital Designer / Knoxville, TN
- Account Supervisor / Washington, DC
- Digital Media Buyer / Knoxville, TN
- Senior Writer / Knoxville, TN
- Videographer / Editor / Knoxville, TN
- Media Assistant / Knoxville, TN
C# .NET / PHP Web Developer
Ever dreamed of working for national clients such as ESPN, Daimler, McDonalds, Malibu Boats, NASCAR, Ole Smoky Moonshine, GE, Moon Pie, The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Regal Cinemas? Now's your chance to work for the Tombras Group, one of the largest independent advertising agencies in the U.S.
The Tombras Group is seeking a solid C# .NET Web Developer to be a key member of our web development team. The right candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced agency environment and is a born problem solver with a can-do attitude. The right candidate will be fluent in both Windows-based .NET/C#/MSSQL and LAMP-based (PHP/MySQL) environments, and should have a desire to apply their structured object-oriented chops to PHP development. They will be responsible for the overall execution and organization of the development effort on small to large-scale technology engagements and be able to take projects from concept to completion. They will have the ultimate responsibility of making technologies work together, and as a result, a key role that contributes heavily towards the success of the project.
Very comfortable in the following environment:
Win2008, IIS 7.5
C# .Net 4.+
MS SQL 2005, MS SQL 2008
A huge plus if you're comfortable here as well:
LAMP stack: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP 5, git
The successful candidate will have advanced communication skills as well as an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions. They must be able to understand and predict from afar how all the pieces will fit together and identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Assist in development and maintenance of software requirements and architecture documents
- Working with other developers and designers, develop robust web applications using C#, writing and tying into existing web services as needed
- Collaborates with Technology Directors to develop estimates and overall implementation solution plans
- Assist in the definition and documentation of best practices and contribute to company knowledge sharing efforts
- Identify and define integration points with third party solutions
- Evaluate vendor documentation and technical requirements to accurately estimate time and cost of identified options in order to make recommendations on approach from the business perspective
- 4+ years developing in a medium to large-scale technology engagement
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm to build web applications while staying on top of new technologies
- Experience building applications and websites for large multinational brands
- Voracious learner
- Strong knowledge of programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, PHP, Perl, SQL, Flash/Flex, Ruby-on-Rails, etc.) and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies
- Expert-level knowledge in Web 2.0 technologies, including AJAX, social networking and blog platforms, widget development, mobile and emerging digital interfaces
- Experience integrating with enterprise-level CMS systems, ecommerce platforms and enterprise search solutions
- Keen interest in following emerging technologies
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly verbally or written to determine and assess feasibility
- Must have an excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Computer science degree preferred
- We are open to relocating candidates from outside of the Knoxville, TN area
Tombras offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more.
Click here to check out our digs.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your resume on LinkedIn.