The Tombras Group, a 250+ person, full-service, national advertising agency, is seeking a Senior SEM Manager to join our Paid Search team. This position will report to the Paid Search Director and Associate Media Director, Paid Search. The Senior SEM Manager will be responsible for helping create effective paid search strategies across a complex list of industry verticals. In addition to strategy, this position will be responsible for owning the paid search aspects of client relationship, optimizing existing campaigns, and ensuring paid search campaigns are meeting client objectives.
This position is best suited for a candidate who is a quick learner and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing digital environment. You will be expected to have great attention to detail and be able to take ownership of all assigned tasks.
The Senior SEM Manager will be responsible for managing clients’ daily paid search duties. This includes campaign research, planning, execution and reporting of paid search projects. A successful Senior SEM Manager will be able to juggle both detailed quantitative analysis and effective search strategy client presentations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect effective Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns with direction from the Associate Media Director, Paid Search and Director of Paid Search
- Exhibit confident communication skills to effectively present tactical paid search plans and campaign updates to clients
- Manage paid search targeting options across multiple clients (geo-targeting, campaign settings, demographic targeting, etc.)
- Research keywords, analyze their relevance and perform competitive analysis.
- Recommend landing page strategies and consult on landing page planning and optimizations
- Possess a well-developed analytical ability and a proven track record of extracting tangible insights from large data sets
- A/B testing a multitude of campaign variables to increase the efficiency of PPC campaign budgets to increase leads/conversions, expand search impression share and drive higher ROI for our clients
- Administer bid management tools to accurate pace daily paid search budgets
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance in platforms like Google AdWords, Bing Ads, DoubleClick Search, Tableau and more
- Implement and test strategies designed to increase conversion rates and lower cost-per-lead across multiple clients in multiple verticals
- Work with the Paid Search Assistant to ensure billing and budget pacing is handled accurately and in a timely matter
- Champion department processes, stay current on search marketing industry trends and best practices
- Google AdWords certifications with 2-5 years’ experience with Google AdWords and Bing Ads
- Proven track record of successful client relationship development
- Proven success at optimizing and managing existing PPC campaigns
- Strong analytical thinker
- Excellent communicator
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Working knowledge of website analytics programs (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, etc.)
- Experience working with various CMS environments is a plus (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, MODX, Magento, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising/Marketing, Business, PR/Communications, Accounting, Finance or related field
The Tombras Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more. Send your resume here.