The Tombras Group seeks a Technical Director for its Knoxville office to supervise and guide a team of web developers to deliver high quality multifunctional web sites, mobile sites, apps and other digital assets. Work in a highly collaborative environment with digital project managers, world-class digital designers, UX specialists and multiple account service teams to deliver award-winning digital projects. Be a part of America’s fastest growing independent advertising agency (230+ employees) named by Ad Age as National Small Agency of the Year.
- Offer technical guidance to ensure the best technologies are selected.
- Review and suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements most efficiently.
- Work closely with the account teams and digital project managers to guide development of solutions to address functional, technical and architectural needs.
- Assist digital project managers in estimating projects.
- Provide technical guidance to design and development staff during all phases of development.
- Control scope of work and develop and manage timelines for all programming functions.
- Define, communicate and enforce coding standards.
- Track and identify new opportunities to improve developer-training options.
- Assist in strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective.
- Collaborate with and instill confidence among client IT staff that all technical solutions are compatible with client goals and infrastructure.
Possesses significant knowledge of:
- Complex database concepts
- Proven track record of establishing standards approved across multiple project teams.
- Familiarity with and ability to speak to the pros/cons of various languages:
PHP (Expression Engine, CodeIgniter, Yii, Laravel)
C#, F#, .NET,
MySQL (MariaDB, Percona), MS SQL
CSS3 (LESS, SCSS/SASS)
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of a few Content Management Systems (CMS) such as:
DotNetNuke/DNN, Umbraco and other .NET-based CMS’s
- Brower/client specific compatibility issues
The Tombras Group works with some of the world’s most valuable and exciting brands including McDonald’s, Coca Cola, Michelin, ESPN, Bush’s Beans, Regal Cinema, Moon Pie, Warsteiner Beer, Freightliner, Daimler, Meineke and more.
The Tombras Group offers a great work environment, competitive salaries and a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more. Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org