Implementing a comprehensive analytics and optimization plan is critical. In a recently completed campaign for a Tombras Group national B2B client, this approach yielded an enormous return on investment.
After executing a comprehensive website redesign, we then optimized our digital advertising, SEO and social media campaign using a carefully considered set of Key Performance Indicators, each of which were monitored on a custom dashboard in real time. This approach allowed for a holistic view of how the brand was performing against established KPIs, including:
- Channel Data – This lets us see not only where visitors are coming from, but also where converters come from. This allows us to optimize the display campaign to increase awareness and traffic and tweak our paid search to deliver higher conversion, improving results at the top and bottom of the conversion funnel.
- User Behavior – We track user activities as they pertain to goal metrics across the entire digital eco-system. They’re tracked directly from code embedded in the website, giving us a real-time look at exactly what behaviors are part of the pathway to conversion. This was especially important for tracking interaction with the client’s loyalty program and social media efforts.
- Seasonality Study – By tracking traffic week-over-week, month-over-month and year-over-year, we’re able to define industry seasonality and determine the optimal time to implement our various marketing campaigns.
- Key-Page Visitation – Product category visitation viewed in conjunction with actual monthly sales data shows us how user behavior on the website is affecting the bottom line.
The campaign maximized its potential through optimization that led to incredible results:
- Overall visits increased 341%
- Unique visits increased 468%
- Views of the dealer section up 756%
- Sales increased 6.4%
All clients at The Tombras Group have customized and proprietary analytics programs tailored to their specific needs. This gives us the opportunity to innovate everyday to find new ways to increase revenue and ROI for our clients.
The Tombras Group is a 200-person, full-service advertising agency with a digital mindset. In the brand-building business since 1946, the family-owned agency serves national and global clients. In 2015, Tombras was recognized as Ad Age Small Agency of the Year, and in 2016 it was ranked by Palma Consulting as Independent Agency of the Year. Tombras connects data and creativity for business results. Offices are located in Washington, D.C.; Louisville, Kentucky; Nashville with headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee. More information: www.tombras.com.